Semi Perminant Makeup
Semi permanent make-up is now generally referred to as permanent makeup. This section explains how it works and how it is applied. For further information please also see Your Questions Answered.
Semi Permanent makeup is now an established beauty procedure, in which carefully applied permanent pigments, made of pure, inorganic minerals, are placed in the dermal layer of the skin. It is hypo-allergenic, and there are no fragrances, emollients or other ingredients added.
Your preferred colour is implanted into a lower layer of the skin, where it remains for up to 5 years. A virtually limitless choice of colours is available. The make-up is perfectly safe and has been approved by doctors and favourably reviewed by many respected beauty writers.
Semi Permanent make-up treatments
- Top Eyeliner
- Lower Eyeliner
- Eyelash Enhancement
- Lip Blush
- Lip Extensions
- Full Lip Colour
- Beauty Spot/freckles
- Areola darkening/repigmenting and scar camouflage
- Areola Creation after cancer
- Scars and Burns revision and camouflage
- Hair Transplant camouflage
- Vitiligo camouflage
- Alopecia camouflage
How long does Semi Permanent make-up last?
Semi permanent make-up is considered permanent since the implanted pigment cannot be washed off. In time, fading will occur and some or all of the colour will need to be reapplied. Semi permanent make-up can last up to one to three years and will gradually fade away.
Does Semi Permanent Make-up hurt?
For most people it isn't a problem. For others it can be a little uncomfortable depending on the individual's pain threshold. However anaesthetic creams are applied prior and throughout treatment to keep any discomfort to a minimum.
Is Semi Permanent make-up safe?
Yes, the strictest hygiene and sterilisation standards are followed and pre-packed, sterile cartridges are new for each client. No chemicals are used, only minerals and glycerine. Clients are given an allergy test prior to treatment.
Who can benefit from Semi Permanent make-up?
Anyone and everyone who desires a natural enhancement and to give freedom from the daily application of make-up.
• Alopecia sufferers who have lost some or all their facial hair including eyebrows or eyelashes.
• Chemotherapy patients who may loose facial hair would benefit from semi permanent make-up before or after treatment.
• Vision impaired people who have difficulty applying make-up.
• People with unsteady hands who cannot apply make-up through Arthritis, Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinsons Disease etc.
• Anyone who may suffer allergies with conventional make-up.
• Professional women, entertainers, media figures, models, actresses.
Semi Permanent make-up after care procedures
You may resume your normal activities straight after treatment. There may be slight swelling or redness on the area which will go down quickly. The treated area will always appear darker and more exact immediately after the treatment this will lighten and soften over the next few days. There may be slight flaking over the area during healing.
Your semi permanent make-up may need a completion visit 28 days after initial application of pigment, to adjust shape, colour or density.
We recommend that you return to the clinic once a year. Maintenance is minimal.
Other guidelines for getting the best from your permanent makeup will be given to you after your treatment.
- Treated area will be more exact, dark and intense when first treated.
- The skin will take 3-7 days to return to normal.
- It is normal to loose 1/3 of the colour during this initial period.
- Always use a sunscreen on make-up to prevent colour change and loss.